Calming your clients:
- Don't assume you knowwhat your clients are feeling - clients need to talk about what they are feeling. A home purchase is emotional and clients may feel fear or other valid emotions. You can help them through it once you understand them.
- Ask clients what they expect from you and you follow up - clients will have reasonable expectations about what an agent does. Find out those expectations and follow through after you commit to acceptable requests.
- Get their worst-case scenario on the table - help clients understand you are on their side and they can be comfortable sharing fears and anxieties.
- Lose the self-pity - remind yourself of earlier successes to overcome negative thoughts about current problems.
- Take positive actions consistently - get focused on a steady stream of good leads and prospect actively. Don't panic when things don't happen right away.
- Get knowledgeable - quit reading the news where there is a hopeless spin on the market and attitudes. Establish goals for leads and retool your sales strategy to meet the existing demand.