- A reduced carbon footprint - there is an increasing concern of how residents and home owners impact their surroundings and environment. Many are seeking to reduce energy consumption.
- Outdoor living - outdoor fireplaces, kitchens, patios, etc. are drawing people outside to enjoy the elements
- Fully-concealed appliances - many kitchen appliances are hidden behind hinged doors to improve the asthetics of a room.
- Floating homes - nonmobile homes sit on stationary barges in a lake or river.
- Home elevators - builders and contractors are catering to baby boomers who don't want to leave a prized home.
- Pet showers - mudrooms and garages are divided to accommodate pets and keep them clean, in turn keeping the home clean.
- Freestanding Bathtubs - oversized tubs have become the focus of many bathrooms.
- Bathroom suites - many are adding bigscreen TVs, mini fridges, and other all-in-one features to their master bedroom.
Home should be heaven. Many home owners are enhancing their real estate to provide lavish comfort and functionality.