- Once established, leads just come in. People are ready in some cases to jump right in and buy or sell property.
- Tech savvy people can gain an edge over competition.
- Blogging and other activities force an agent to stay on top of the industry to remain current.
- Overall agent exposure can be significant.
- Know-how is required or a pile of cash to pay professional web guys.
- Results aren't immediate.
- Not all leads are alike. Some, like leads looking for "Las Vegas Real Estate", don't convert as easily as "Las Vegas Realtor".
- The web competition is becoming fierce. In Las Vegas thousands of agents are vying for the top 10 search engine positions for 5-10 key words.
Tools like Facebook, Blogger, ActiveRain, etc. help considerably. The real estate business is changing and will have a very different landscape over the next decade. Real estate agents who are up to the challenge will reap the benefits.