- Join default services organizations and attend conventions where lenders, servicing companies, and other industry representatives are.
- Sign up with lenders to provide broker price opinions, which determine what a foreclosed property is worth.
- Describe properties as foreclosures in your marketing if lenders allow it.
- Ignore e-mail pitches for fast-money REO schemes.
- Use lenders you have worked with on previous transactions as references in making connections with other institutions.
Real estate agents will commonly net 1% from the transaction. One agent noted that you have to work harder for a smaller fee. However, if you are good you can turn a lot of business. And in a struggling market turning a lot of properties can be a life saver.