The National Association of Realtors provides national average real estate statisics. This quick glance is found here: NAR National Real Estate Statistics.
As Realtors we found the statistics on FSBOs (for sale by owners) to be very interesting. A quality real estate agent can save home sellers a lot of headaches, money, time, and a great deal of inconvenience.
FSBO Methods Used to Market Home:
- Yard Sign . . . 61%
- Friends/neighbors . . . 46%
- Newspaper ad . . . 37%
- Open House . . . 29%
- Internet . . . 17%
Most Difficult Tasks for FSBO Sellers:
- Getting the right price . . . 14%
- Understanding paperwork . . . 17%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale . . . 16%
- Attracting potential buyers . . . 9%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale . . . 8%
Buyers and Sellers also find value in using an experienced, highly resourceful real estate agent.
What Repeat Buyers Want Most From Real Estate Professionals
- Help you find the right house to purchase -60%
- Help with price negotiations - 10%
- Help with paperwork - 10%
- Tell you what comparable homes are selling for - 10%
- Help determining how much buyer can afford - 4%
- Help find and arrange financing - 2%
As the Las Vegas housing market turns and shifts it is important to be able to adapt and make informationally based decisions. The resources provided to Realtors are designed for them to aid you in your purchase or sale. Contact a Las Vegas Realtor® today to learn how to buy or sell a home.